Franchise Lawyer Guide
By Franchise Law Team - Mohajerian Inc.
There are many reasons why new franchisees fail, here are the top 6 reasons why:
1. Franchisees believe that owning a franchise will be easy. While franchisors will provide you with training and support, it is the franchisees responsibility to run the company. This can mean long hours and dedication - something many franchisees are unprepared for.
2. The franchisee did not choose the right franchise for them. This typically leads to a franchisee not enjoying their business.
3. The franchisee does not enjoy working with people. The ability to remain successful in a franchise system can be dependent on how the franchisee works with customers, suppliers, other franchisees, and the franchisor.
4. The franchisee does not follow the franchise system, leading to quality differences and not meeting the high standards customers have come to expect from the franchise system at hand.
5. The franchisee was not financially prepared for the costs of the franchise.
6. The franchisee did not have a support system in place, including friends, family, and others. Owning franchise can have intense demands on a franchisees time. Having the appropriate support and understanding from loved-ones can be a great help.